Avocado parmesan crisps
If like me you struggle to find healthier snacks instead of crisps and biscuits this will be a huge help. The first time I made them they were tricky but with practice they are easy peasy!
What you need:
1 avocado (preferably still moderately hard, soft ones are more difficult to work with)
coconut oil (teaspoon)
a cup of finely grated parmesan (their are vegan versions available)
1/2 a cup of gluten free flour
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line a grated tray with kitchen foil (or you can use a self from the oven).
- Slice the avocado into 1cm thick strips
- Sieve the flour then mix together the flour, parmesan, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Warm the coconut oil until running in a pan for 2-3 mins or in a microwave for 10 seconds.
- Dip each avocado strip in the coconut oil, then gently roll in the dry mix until coated.
- Lay out all strips on the grate of your tray then bake in the oven for 10-15 mins or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and eat hot or cold!