Build self confidence in the gym
5 Top tips to build confidence in the gym
- Get help/assistance or an accountability partner. If you are new to the gym I would highly recommend getting a personal trainer to help you with technique and to get to know the equipment so you feel more comfortable in your own knowledge.
- Bring a friend! Working out with a friend can make your work out so much more fun and also will give you a kick up the butt to keep going. If you are competitive too then you can egg each other on to keep going when tired after a long day.
- Work out in the gym BEFORE WORK. I know, I wasn’t a morning person either but TRUST ME I could write a separate post about this. You have most alertness in the morning, work meetings, travel with work, kids and life will be less likely to get in between you and training if you do it first thing in the morning. Once you have done it 3-4 times it will feel normal. (If you want to get better at getting up and making the most of your morning read my post on Miracle Morning)
- Try out a class, once again this is great positive peer pressure as you will want to keep going with an instructor and peers around about you.
- Plan ahead with your food, training times and discuss with your family/housemates so that they know your schedule. This will increase your chance of following through on your plans 10 fold.
“Fail to plan, plan to fail”